Working With Young People Award
The Working With Young People Awards recognise employers who support, empower and employ young people in a variety of ways, including:
- offering Apprenticeships
- offering work experience placements
- running assemblies, mock interviews, workshops and/or lessons with school/college students
- representing and/or championing young people in groups/settings relating to the development of the local workforce, e.g. Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, Local Authority groups.
There are four award categories:
- Bronze – offering two activities for young people (one internal, one external)
- Silver – offering three activities for young people (at least one internal and one external)
- Gold – continued Silver status for 2+ years
- Platinum – continued Gold status for 3+ years
The Working With Young People Awards are a great way to demonstrate your commitment to youth employability, celebrate the work you do as an employer, and recognise the impact that young people have on your business.
Recent winners include G B Linker (Bronze), Ceracycloan (Silver), Wates (Silver), Life Leisure (Gold), Happy Day Nursery (Gold), Dodd Group (Platinum) and Stockport NHS Foundation Trust (Platinum).
To apply, simply download, complete and return the WWYPA Application Form PDF 439 Kb. You can also request a form via email@example.com, or by calling 0161 474 2350. This is a rolling programme.