On 12 September 2019, a local referendum was held where the local community was asked if they wanted to adopt the policies of the Woodford Neighbourhood Plan.
The referendum asked the community to vote 'Yes' or 'No' to the following question:
'Do you want Stockport Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for the Woodford area to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?'
The outcome was:
- yes votes - 433 (95.8%)
- no votes - 19 (4.2%)
- electorate - 1,171
- ballot papers issues - 452
- turnout - 38.6%
The Woodford Neighbourhood Plan now forms part of the Development Plan.
PDF, 419 KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.
- Referendum information statement (PDF 312Kb)
- Woodford Neighbourhood Plan 2018-33 referendum version (PDF 3.99Mb)
- Report of the independent examiner (PDF 340Kb)
- Summary of the representations submitted to the independent examiner (PDF 277Kb)
- Statement by the local planning authority - the draft plan meets the basic conditions and complies with the relevant legislation (PDF 53Kb)
- General information about town and country planning, including neighbourhood planning and the referendum (PDF 439Kb)