What your Council Tax pays for
1. Council Tax 2019-20 explained
Your Council Tax money goes towards local services such as support for the:
- elderly and vulnerable
- young people and schools
- parks maintenance
- refuse disposal
- street cleaning
- many more local services.
You can find more detailed information in the:
- Council Tax explanatory notes 2019 (PDF 93Kb)
- Council Tax statement from the Leader of the Council
- Council Tax statement from the Borough Treasurer
The image below explains the Council Tax charges for 2019/20 and a breakdown of how the money is spent. Click on the image below to view the infographic PDF.
Understanding Council Tax changes
The video belows explains the changes to your 2019/20 Council Tax bill.