Welfare Rights service

Visit the Citizens Advice website for general benefits help and advice or call their Advice Line on 0808 278 7803.

Our welfare rights team can help if you disagree with benefit decisions for most benefits. There are different rules for Housing Benefit appeals and Council Tax Support appeals.

Mandatory reconsideration

You can find out about mandatory reconsiderations on GOV.UK, including which benefits you can request a mandatory reconsideration for.

Appealing your benefit decision

If your mandatory reconsideration is unsuccessful, you can appeal the decision.

Request a welfare rights appointment

You can request an appointment with our team. We'll help you through the appeals process including:

  • advice on how to lodge an appeal
  • reviewing your case
  • helping you to gather evidence
  • representing you at your appeal

We can advise you if your case has already been heard by tribunal and you're unhappy with the outcome.

Request a welfare rights appointment