Ways to get walking
Last updated 31 January 2023
Find walking routes in Greater Manchester on the GM Walking routes web page. You can filter walks by:
- the facilities available
- grade of the walk
- transport options to get to the walking route
Walkaday is a scheme that offers friendly walks exploring parks and green spaces.
The aim is to encourage people who are new to walking by offering leisurely walks through some of the borough's best outdoor spaces.
Each walk is paced to suit the needs of everyone in the group. You do not have to worry about the going being too tough.
Important information for walkers
Until further notice, you'll need to sign in for every walk for Track and Trace purposes. Please bring your own pen or pencil for this.
The council will keep the details for 21 days before they're destroyed.
You'll also need to bring:
- a face covering to wear on public transport
- hand sanitiser
- your bus pass or senior railcard if you want to use them
- lunch for walks on a Wednesday or Friday and money for refreshments on any walk
- suitable shoes as path surfaces can be uneven
- suitable clothing for weather conditions
- any medication you may be taking
You can find all Walkaday events in our calendar.
You can also download the Walkaday calendar to print at home.