Volunteering with libraries
1. Become a volunteer
Would you like to make a difference to people in your community?
From helping people to overcome their fears of using computers; enabling greater access to our Heritage resources or helping young people and parents in a code club.
We have range of opportunities in areas such as:
- archives and local history
- helping people to access the internet, use computers and other digital devices
- shelving and assisting customers in the Library
- helping with activities within the libraries e.g. health and welfare promotion, reading and story time, coding clubs
- assisting with the Home Library Service
Volunteering with us will give you a variety of skills, including:
- helping other people
- boosting your CV
- improving your confidence
- meeting new people
- growing your skills
- valuable work experience
If you're interested then we would like to hear from you. Please complete the form below and a member of staff will contact you.
How we use your data
The council primarily use your data for responding to your question. All information is processed in accordance with our organisational privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.