Volunteering with libraries
1. Become a volunteer
Would you like to make a difference to people in your community?
From helping people to overcome their fears of using computers; enabling greater access to our Heritage resources or helping young people and parents in a code club.
We have a range of opportunities in areas such as:
- archives and local history
- helping people to access the internet, use computers and other digital devices
- shelving and assisting customers in the Library
- helping with activities within the libraries e.g. health and welfare promotion, reading and story time, coding clubs
- assisting with the Home Library Service
Volunteering with us will give you a variety of skills, including:
- helping other people
- boosting your CV
- improving your confidence
- meeting new people
- growing your skills
- valuable work experience
You can volunteer between 1 and 37 hours a week.
There are also opportunities to volunteer for The Duke of Edinburgh Award in a Stockport Library.
We have regular open days which provide an opportunity to meet staff and discuss volunteering in more detail.