Volunteering with libraries
Last updated 15 October 2021
1. Become a volunteer
Would you like to make a difference to people in your community?
We've a range of opportunities:
- archives and local history
- helping people to access the internet, use computers and other digital devices
- helping with activities within the libraries. For example; Code Club
- assisting with the Home Library Service
You'll gain the following skills:
- helping other people
- boosting your CV
- improving your confidence
- meeting new people
- growing your skills
- valuable work experience
You can volunteer between 1 and 37 hours a week.
There are also opportunities to volunteer for The Duke of Edinburgh Award in a Stockport Library.
We have regular open days which provide an opportunity to meet staff and discuss volunteering in more detail.