Free childcare for 2-year-olds
6. Find out if you are eligible
To be eligible you must be in receipt of one or more of the following;
- families in receipt of non-working benefits
- families with a total household income of less than £16,190. This will be recorded in your awards notice
- children receiving Disability Living Allowance
- children with a statement of SEN or an Education, Health and Care plan
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- children looked after by the local authority or left care through a special guardianship, adoption or residence order
As part of the eligibility check you will need to provide:
- your national insurance number
- date of birth
- evidence of your benefits if you are on universal credit
If eligible you will receive a letter from the council which you can take along to your childcare provider.
If you need to find suitable childcare in Stockport, you can search below:
Families will always be better off taking up a free place. Further information regarding childcare costs is available from the HMRC help line on 0345 300 3900.