Tudor living history
School trips during coronavirus
We're no longer taking bookings for school trips for the current academic year, 2020 to 2021.
School trip bookings are now being taken for the academic year, 2021 to 2022, beginning in September 2021. This will remain subject to government restrictions in place at the time of the visit. Capacity restrictions will remain limited to one class or bubble of 30 pupils per day.
The school trips available are:
- Bramall Hall – Tudor Experience
- Air Raid Shelters – Evacuees Experience
- Staircase House – Great Fire of London
You can call 0161 474 4449 for more information.
Last updated 14 May 2021
This is a full day trip and on a Monday only. The maximum number of pupils is 36.
Our 'living history' session will give pupils an unforgettable insight into the lives of the people who lived at Bramall Hall in the past.
Pupils will meet various members of the household. They'll experience life in an appropriate manner, according to the time and their status.
- experience first-hand what it might have been like to live in a Tudor House at the end of the 16th century
- highlight the differences between the lives of the rich and poor occupants of Bramall Hall in the Tudor period
- learn about the daily lives of people in the Tudor period, both rich and poor
- take part in role play and will understand what it is like to play a role for the day