School trips during coronavirus
We're no longer taking bookings for school trips for the current academic year, 2020 to 2021.
School trip bookings are now being taken for the academic year, 2021 to 2022, beginning in September 2021. This will remain subject to government restrictions in place at the time of the visit. Capacity restrictions will remain limited to one class or bubble of 30 pupils per day.
The school trips available are:
- Bramall Hall – Tudor Experience
- Air Raid Shelters – Evacuees Experience
- Staircase House – Great Fire of London
You can call 0161 474 4449 for more information.
3. Health and beauty - Tudor style
A visit to the Still Room will help the children learn about Tudor make up, herbal cures and personal hygiene.
Pupils will learn:
- that personal hygiene was different in the 16th century - and that it was different according to your social status
- about washing (of person and clothes) and make up
- about some of the cures for common illnesses
- how to make a 'nosegay' (small herb bag) to take away
Return to overview to book your school trip.