Training for Prevent and Channel
Last updated 5 November 2021
1. Prevent and Channel training
We've developed 2 free Prevent and Channel courses:
- an e-learning module
- and a classroom based course if you have face to face contact with the public
The courses provide a basic introduction to Prevent and are intended to help you spot any signs that might indicate that the people you meet are at risk.
The courses contain sections on:
- what Prevent is
- who's vulnerable
- what to look out for
- notice, check and share
To book a face to face Prevent course, or a Prevent e-learning course on your computer, you'll need to create an account for learning pool:
- go to http://stockport.learningpool.com/
- click the link for 'support and login options'
- click the link for 'new account to get a form'
- on the form:
- choose your own username and password.
- use your work email address, if you have one. If you do not have a work email address, use one that you can use to receive an email
- give your name where prompted
- for payroll number, non-council staff can use any 7 numbers
- who you work for - give the name of your business or what you do for the council
- click the 'create my new account' button.
- check your email. You should receive one containing a link that you should click to confirm you're who you claim to be. If you do not get one, email email@example.com