Trading Standards for consumers

If you're a consumer and need advice about goods or services that you've bought, contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133. You can also use one of their online forms to get in touch with them.

Their advisors will record the details of your complaint and provide advice on your consumer rights. The details of your concerns will then be sent to the relevant Trading Standards Service, for them to consider any criminal offences or poor trading practices.

You can find information and template letters about consumer matters on the Citizens Advice website. The information here may help you to sort out your own consumer issues and to avoid problems in the future.

Visit the Chartered Trading Standards Institute website for information about product recalls and safety notices.

Read more about small claims mediation on GOV.UK.

If you need help finding a trustworthy trader in Stockport, visit our Business Approval web page.