The application process
1. What the money can be used for
In order to apply for the fund, your idea must:
- benefit people in Stockport
- improve the wellbeing of people and/or the environment
- be delivered within 12 months from you receiving the funding
- not be used to promote a political or religious purpose
- not be run by a private company
You'll also need to show that you will do at least one of the following:
- increase social contact and support for people experiencing social isolation and loneliness
- get more people involved in supporting each other with long-term physical and/or mental health conditions
- get more people to succeed in making long-term lifestyle changes to improve their own health and wellbeing
- work together with schools, the police, youth offending services or local support agencies and the communities they serve
- create opportunities for people at risk to help them fulfil their potential
- build relationships between communities, peer groups or generations with a focus on mentoring and buddying
People who are at risk can have many different meanings. If you're unsure of whether or not your idea meets this priority, you can contact us.
If you're applying to grow an existing idea you'll also have to show how it will save public services money, for example by reducing the need for health or social care services.
Anyone can apply for the Stockport Local Fund. You don't have to be a constituted group or organisation to receive an investment from the fund. We encourage applications from people or groups that have come together to collaborate on an idea.
How much funding can you apply for
You can apply for an amount between £200 and £10,000 for your idea.
SLF - couple dancing
SLF - gardening
SLF - people talking
SLF - helping the elderly