Temporary events notice
A Temporary Event Notice is required whenever anyone wishes to conduct licensable activities that are not covered by a premises licence or club premises certificate.
Licensable activities consist of:
- sale by retail of alcohol
- supply of alcohol to a member of a club - means to supply a member of a recognised club (with rules concerning admission to the premises) NOT to an informal club (e.g; swimming club)
- regulated entertainment - includes plays, films, live music, recorded music, discos, karaoke and other similar entertainments
- late night refreshment - means providing hot food after 11:00pm
- a private event where there is no retail sale of alcohol (e.g; a wedding reception)
- a public event with free refreshments (which may include alcohol, but without limitations on quantity)
- an educational film, music or dance lessons
Please note this is not a complete list. If you are unsure whether your proposed activities are covered please contact the Licensing team on 0161 474 4181.