Tell us about a change
Change of address
You can use this form if you're:
- moving into the Stockport area
- a Stockport resident moving from one address to another within the Stockport area
- a Stockport resident moving out of the Stockport area
- a landlord or letting agent advising us of a tenant moving in or out
We'll automatically send your details to Council Tax and Electoral Registration and you can choose which other services you'd like to notify.
Change of circumstances
We need to know about changes in your circumstances. This will help us to ensure that you're paying the right amount of Council Tax for the property that you live in.
You can use this form if:
- someone in your household has died
- someone in your household has moved and now lives permanently in a Nursing Home
- someone has come to live with you in your home (including family or friends). This may affect a reduction that you're currently receiving on your Council Tax bill
- you've recently changed your name and you'd like us to update your account
- you'd like to request a refund. This is where we’ve issued a bill which shows a credit balance but we’re unable to issue the refund. This is because we don’t have the bank details of the person for whom the refund is due or there's some uncertainty about who we should be issuing the refund to
- you've an annexe that is attached to your property which was occupied by a relative/family member and has now become unoccupied
Under normal circumstances our standard aim is to respond fully within 10 working days.