Tell us about a change
Last updated 18 August 2020
Change of address
You can use this form if you're:
- moving into the Stockport area
- moving from one address to another in the Stockport area
- moving out of the Stockport area
- a Stockport resident, currently not liable for Council Tax, for example: if you are living with your parents and moving into your own property
- a landlord or letting agent advising us of a tenant(s) moving in or out
- a landlord or letting agent buying or renovating a new property to let out to tenants in the future
- selling your property and you'll have the 'bill of sale' in the next 2 weeks
We'll automatically send your details to Council Tax and Electoral Registration and you can choose which other services you'd like to notify.
Change of circumstances
We need to know about changes in your circumstances. This will help us make sure that you're paying the right amount of Council Tax.
You can use this form if:
- someone in your household has died
- someone in your household has moved and now lives permanently in a nursing home
- someone has come to live with you in your home, including family or friends. This may affect a reduction that you’re currently receiving on your Council Tax bill
- you’ve recently changed your name and you’d like us to update your account
- you’ve an annexe that's attached to your property which was occupied by a relative or family member and has now become unoccupied
- you need to tell us about any other change that could affect the amount of Council Tax you have to pay
We'll aim to action your change within 10 working days.