Tell us about a change

Change of address

Moving into Stockport

If you’re moving or have moved into the Stockport area, you must:

Moving within or out of Stockport

If you’re moving or have moved from one address to another in the Stockport area, or out of the Stockport area including abroad, you must:

Landlords and letting agents

You can use the following form if you’re a landlord or letting agent telling us about a tenant or tenants moving in or out of a property in Stockport.

You can add the date of the change and details of the changes relating to the property on the first page of this form.

You must also include:

  • the address of the property they are leaving or moving into
  • the name of the tenant and contact details if known
  • the date the tenancy starts or ends
  • the forwarding address of the tenant if known
  • whether the property is furnished or unfurnished
  • whether the property is being left empty or if another tenant is due to move in

Tell us about a tenancy change

Ways to reduce your Council Tax bill if your household circumstances have changed

You may be able to reduce your Council Tax bill if you meet the eligibility criteria. There are lots of different scenarios and you can find out more on our webpages.

Find out if you can reduce your bill

Change of circumstances

We need to know about changes in your circumstances. This will help us make sure that you're paying the right amount of Council Tax.

You can use this form if:

  • someone in your household has died
  • someone in your household has moved and now lives permanently in a nursing home
  • someone has come to live with you in your home, including family or friends. This may affect a reduction that you’re currently receiving on your Council Tax bill
  • you’ve recently changed your name and you’d like us to update your account
  • you’ve an annexe that's attached to your property which was occupied by a relative or family member and has now become unoccupied
  • you need to tell us about any other change that could affect the amount of Council Tax you have to pay

Do not use this form to tell us of a change of address or apply for a reduction. You must use the forms above.

Tell us about a change in your circumstances