Supported and older person's housing

4. Retirement and sheltered housing

There are a number of sheltered and retirement housing schemes in Stockport available for rent, shared ownership and market sale.

Some of these are owned and managed by our partner Registered Providers (formerly known as housing associations) and some by private housing providers.

To access sheltered housing for rent, contact the Homechoice Team at Stockport Homes. They can register you with Homechoice and advise on vacancies in both Stockport Homes and selected Registered Provider properties throughout Stockport.

In addition, you can search through a database of properties from the HousingCare website. It is a sister site of Elderly Accommodation Counsel.

The Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC) provides useful advice on the legal and financial points to consider before making a purchase.

Which? Elderly Care gives free and independent information and advice on care choices for older people across the UK.

More information is also available on My Care My Choice website.