Support for businesses and employers
13. Discretionary Grant Scheme
On the 1 May 2020 the government announced a top up grant for businesses that are not eligible for other grants. These grants are for:
- small and micro businesses, as defined in Section 33 Part 2 of the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 and the Companies Act 2006
- businesses with relatively high ongoing fixed property-related costs
- businesses which can demonstrate that they've suffered a significant fall in income due to the coronavirus outbreak
- businesses which occupy property, or part of a property, with a rateable value or annual rent or annual mortgage payments below £51,000
You can also find more information about the scheme in our frequently asked questions (PDF 95Kb) document.