Stockport's Written Statement of Action
Last updated 21 May 2019
The Written Statement of Action (WSoA) has been approved by Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission (CQC). It's our plan of action to address the weaknesses identified in the September 2018 inspection of special educational needs and/or disabilities services and support (SEND).
The WSoA shows:
- what will happen and when
- who is responsible for carrying it out
- how it will benefit children and young people with SEND and their families
It's been split into five sections, each focusing on a key weakness:
- senior leaders driving change to improve outcomes for children and young people with SEND
- assessing and meeting the social care needs of children and young people with SEND through education, health and care needs assessments and plans
- involving children, young people and their families in co-producing the services, resources and support they need
- developing a shared understanding in local leaders of what children and young people with SEND need and their outcomes
- improving our ability to judge how effective it is in improving those outcomes
The Department for Education and NHS England will review and support our progress and Ofsted and the CQC will come back in eighteen months to judge how much things have improved.
All the changes proposed in the WSoA will be be co-produced with children and young people with SEND and their families. A number of parent/carers are already participating and plans are ongoing to involve young people too.
The local area always need more families to get involved. If you’d like to be a part of improving things, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PDF, 484 KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.