The aim of the Stockport's Local Assistance Scheme is to:
- provide a safety net in an emergency, when there is an immediate threat to health or safety
- to help people to settle into new accommodation after for example, a stay in hospital or temporary accommodation
- to help support people to continue to live independently when they are facing difficulties
To be eligible for support from the SLAS applicants need to undergo a four stage application process that determines:
- their age, household type and benefit/income status
- whether or not they have a local Stockport connection, or if one is needed
- their qualifying circumstances or need for immediate assistance
- the priority of their need and whether there is sufficient money in the budget or not
Please note that this scheme is not a replacement for crisis loans or community care grants - we do not offer cash.
If you can't find the information you're looking for in this section, you can contact us by calling 0161 474 2101 or emailing email@example.com.