Stockport Economic Alliance
Last updated 23 February 2021
The Stockport Economic Alliance brings together the borough’s major employers. All employers are committed to making sure that Stockport remains a strong and effective business location for the benefit of current and future generations.
The Alliance meet to review and drive economic progress, consider issues and encourage change. Members are actively involved in a range of initiatives across the borough including:
- Meet the Buyer events
- Stockport Business Awards
- Gander and CSR initiatives
Roles and responsibilities
Stockport Economic Alliance has a key role to play in helping create the right conditions for economic and employment growth, including:
- overseeing the implementation of the Economic Development Strategy and action plan
- representing the needs and concerns of the local business community in matters of strategic importance
- developing a response to changes in the local, regional and sub-regional economy/business environment which may have an impact on Stockport
- identifying and implementing actions as and when necessary, to ensure that the Economic Development Strategy continues to be relevant and have a positive impact on the local economy
- setting the agenda for future activity to be included within the strategy and its associated action plans
The alliance is also responsible for a number of business networking events including Meet the Buyer, South Manchester Finance and Professional Network, Network and the Creative Stockport Network.