Stockport Credit Union
Last updated 22 February 2021
Stockport Credit Union is a social enterprise financial co-operative that provides affordable financial services to people who live or work in Stockport. They offer Loans from £50 and keep interest rates as low as possible, offering a much cheaper alternative to high interest and illegal money lenders.
The Credit Union is a not-for-profit organisation. Any surplus is given back to members in the form of a dividend, or reinvested in the organisation to improve our service provision. Joining the Credit Union is a great way for local people and organisations to:
- increase the supply of affordable credit in the community
- help our community become more financially independent and stable
Loan products include Child Benefit Loans and a starter Loan. You do not need to have savings to apply for a Loan. Stockport Credit Union will help you start your savings journey. You can visit the Stockport Credit Union website for more information.
Becoming a member
Membership is free and includes:
- loans from £50
- a member area to check balance and carry out transactions
- access to the Nivo mobile banking app
- a savings plan with every loan
- a dividend payment for eligible savers