Stockport. Change here.
Stockport is already a great place to live, work and visit but we are not content to stop here. We want to build on this for the future. We're creating a town we’re all be proud of as well as more jobs and opportunities for all.
To make this happen a £1 billion transformation is currently underway in Stockport.
We are building on our strengths as a business location; creating new reasons for people to visit Stockport. There will be new homes that are accessible for everyone. We're investing in the rejuvenation of historic and important parts of our town. At the same time, we're making it easier for everyone to travel into and around Stockport. Estimates predict this work with partners will bring at least 5,000 new jobs and 1,100 new homes to our town.
This great work is already bringing change to Stockport:
- phase two of Stockport Exchange was fully let within six months of completion
- Redrock Stockport, South Manchester’s newest leisure destination has opened to rave reviews with trading figures already exceeding forecasts
- new businesses are continually making the decision to invest in Stockport
- residents are moving into the town centre
- investments are creating new jobs, apprenticeships, work and skills opportunities for residents
- homes are being created for all
- businesses are benefitting from the opportunities being created as markets get closer and companies move into Stockport
- transport is being improved for all bringing jobs and opportunities within easy reach
We want to ensure that the opportunities being created in our town can be accessed by everyone. We're working hard with partners to ensure that our economic growth is to the benefit of all our residents.
This is an exciting time for Stockport and people are at the heart of the work taking place.
You can use these pages to find out more about the transformations taking place and the development opportunities available.