Stockport. Change here.
Stockport is a great place to live, work, play and connect, but we're not content to stop here. We want to build on this for the future creating a town we’re all proud of, as well as more jobs and opportunities for all.
Change is already happening with a £1 billion transformation underway in Stockport.
We are building on our strengths as a business location; creating new reasons for people to visit Stockport, building new homes that are accessible for everyone and investing in the rejuvenation of historic and important parts of our town. At the same time, we're making it easier for everyone to travel into and around Stockport. We predict this work with partners will bring at least 5,000 new jobs and 1,100 new homes to our town.
This great work is already bringing change to Stockport:
- Stockport Exchange was fully let within just six months of completion
- Redrock Stockport, South Manchester’s newest leisure destination, has opened to rave reviews with trading figures already exceeding forecasts
- investment by businesses into Stockport is at an all time high
- residents are moving into the town centre
- new jobs, apprenticeships, work and skills opportunities are being created for residents
- transport is being improved for all bringing jobs and opportunities within easy reach
We want to ensure that the opportunities being created in our town can be accessed by everyone. We're working hard with partners to ensure that our economic growth is to the benefit of all our residents.
This is an exciting time for Stockport and people are at the heart of the work taking place.