Request an Education Penalty Notice

You can use this form to request an Education Penalty Notice fine for a child or children who have been taken out of school for an

  • unauthorised term time holiday lasting for 10 or more consecutive sessions (Register Code G)
  • instance of leave of absence taken without permission lasting for 10 or more consecutive sessions (Register Code O)

To refer cases involving all other types of absence you must use the enforcement referral form.

To use this form, you

  • must be a member of staff in a Stockport school authorised to access pupil records and information about the child
  • can include details of more than one child if they live at the same address, if they do not live at the same address, you’ll need to make one request per child
  • must follow the guidance on identifying and responding to unauthorised holidays or leave of absence
  • in the case of separated parents you must have considered which parent should receive the fine

Before you start

Please log in to Office Online and read Leave of Absence – A Guide for Schools in Stockport for further guidance about:

  • how to respond to parental requests for permission for leave of absence
  • how to respond to instances of unauthorised leave of absence
  • what steps you can take before requesting an EPN

On the form you'll need to tell us:

  • details of the unauthorised leave of absence or holiday including dates to and from
  • your details
  • details of the child or children and their parents
  • the child’s or children's Unique Pupil Number(s) (UPN)
  • where the child or children lives

You'll need to upload evidence of:

  • either the registration certificate report for Primary schools or the lesson monitor for Secondary schools showing the period of absence for each child
  • all leave of absence request forms, letters of response to requests, refusal letters from school, suspected holiday letters, emails to and from parents
  • details of any telephone or face-to-face conversations with the parent and/or child or children
Start now

How we use your data

We primarily use your data for processing the referral. This may be shared within Stockport Family and other government departments in accordance with our organisational privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.