Request an alley gate key
You can use this online form to request new or replacement alley gate keys.
If you’re a new owner or tenant and the key has not been passed on by the previous occupant, you’re still required to pay for a replacement key.
ID is required to verify you are either a resident or landlord of the property. A copy of your ID will be verified by us and appropriately destroyed following this verification process.
You can request up to 2 keys.
Keys cost £15 each, plus £2 for postage.
Before you start
If you are living at the property, you'll need to upload proof that you live at the property, for example:
- a council tax or utility bill
- a bank statement
- an NHS letter
If you are a landlord not living in the property, you must upload proof that you're linked to the property, for example a:
- council tax or utility bill
- tenancy or letting agreement
- mortgage statement in your name
You’ll also need:
- the name of the person you’d like us to send the keys to, if this is not yourself
- the address of the property you’re requesting a key for
- the address you’d like us to send the keys to and proof that you are linked to this address
- proof of your identity, for example your:
- driving licence
- birth certificate
- your credit or debit card
You can pay with any of the following credit or debit cards:
- Visa Delta
How we use your data
We will hold personal information about individual keyholders for gates across footpaths and alleyways for 6 years after the date the key(s) were issued.
For more information on how we process your personal data and your rights, you can find out more on our data protection pages.
The council primarily use your data for processing of your request, this may be shared with other government departments in accordance with our organisational privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.