Report a looked-after-child has returned to care

You can use this form to report that a missing looked-after-child has returned to care.

You must either be a

  • foster carer
  • residential care home provider, or
  • supported accommodation provider

You must tell the police that the child has returned home.

The child must

  • be a looked-after-child who is living with a foster carer, within a residential care home or supported accommodation provider
  • have returned to your care

Before you start

You’ll need:

  • the police log number
  • your details
  • details of the missing child
  • details of the return

Start now

Members of the public

If you are worried about a looked-after-child and you are not a foster carer, residential care home or supported accommodation provider you should contact the child’s carer or contact the police on 101.

If your own child is missing please contact the police on 999 or 101.

You can find advice on what to do if your child goes missing (PDF 486Kb) on the Children’s Society website.