Report a looked-after-child has returned to care
You can use this form to report that a missing looked-after-child has returned to care.
You must either be a
- foster carer
- residential care home provider, or
- supported accommodation provider
You must tell the police that the child has returned home.
The child must
- be a looked-after-child who is living with a foster carer, within a residential care home or supported accommodation provider
- have returned to your care
Before you start
- the police log number
- your details
- details of the missing child
- details of the return
Members of the public
If you are worried about a looked-after-child and you are not a foster carer, residential care home or supported accommodation provider you should contact the child’s carer or contact the police on 101.
If your own child is missing please contact the police on 999 or 101.
You can find advice on what to do if your child goes missing (PDF 486Kb) on the Children’s Society website.