Report a flood

Emergency flooding

If the flood is causing a risk to life you must call 999.

You can use our online form to report high water levels on a river or stream or a flood:

  • in a home or business if the water is deeper than 50mm
  • on a road if it's blocking the whole road or causing traffic to drive on the other side
  • on a pavement if it's blocking the whole pavement or causing pedestrians to walk into the pavement
  • on private land if there's foul water from sinks or toilets
  • on private land if the water is going into the road or pavement
  • in a park or on a public footpath if it's causing an obstruction or danger to others

To report a blocked grid or drain you can use our blocked grid or drain online form.

When a flood happens in Stockport, we consider whether an investigation should be carried out. It's not our responsibility to resolve the flooding, we investigate the cause and notify any relevant authority.

Before you start

You'll need to tell us:

  • the location of the flood
  • about the flood
  • your email address or phone number

You can sign up for email alerts to get flooding updates in Stockport.

Start now

Online form reports will be answered and reviewed Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. To report a flood that is causing an obstruction or is a danger to others outside of these hours, call our floodline on 0161 217 6111.

How we use your data

The council primarily use your data for investigating your report. All information is processed in accordance with our flooding privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.