We're prioritising our most essential services

Due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, we're prioritising our most essential services. We'll only be doing urgent safety repairs where they're needed. We'll keep a record of all the requests made and when normal service starts again we'll review them.

Report a flood

Use this form to report flooding in ordinary watercourses, culverted watercourses or on a public highway.

If the flooding is connected to a blocked grid or drain on the public highway you can report direct to the highways team.

Individual landowners are responsible for making sure rivers are not obstructed on their land. The Environmental Agency has legal powers to make landowners remove watercourse obstructions. In addition, owners must not carry out works affecting a river without the consent of the Agency.

Property owners who are experiencing issue with waterlogged gardens and water in cellars (not caused by sewers, drains, water mains or blocked watercourses) are responsible for this type of flooding. Note that specialist advice should be sought before sealing walls externally or internally, resulting in external pressure build-up which could cause structural damage.

We may be able to help investigate the source of the water. This is provided that United Utilities has already investigated and ruled out the possibility of leakage from sewers and water mains (see above). To report an issue regarding water in cellars please continue to use this form.

Private matters are not a responsibility of the council. If asked to investigate this is likely to be given a lower priority over other flooding incidents.

Start now

How we use your data

The council primarily use your data for processing your report, this may be shared with DEFRA and other government departments in accordance with our organisational privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.