Report a child missing from care
You can use this form to report that a looked after child has gone missing.
You must be a:
- foster carer
- residential care home provider, or
- supported accommodation provider
The child must:
- be a looked after child who is living with a foster carer, within a residential home or supported accommodation
- not have returned home by an agreed time
- not have responded to your attempts to contact them or refused to come home
- have been reported to the police as missing
Members of the public
If you're worried about a looked after child, and you are not a foster carer or a residential home provider, you should contact the child’s carer or contact the police on 101.
If your own child is missing please contact the police on 999 or 101.
You can find advice on what to do if your child goes missing on the Children’s Society website.
Before you start
You must call the police on 101 before you complete this form. The police will take action to find the missing child.
- the police log number
- your details
- details of the missing child
- details of the missing event
- details of the steps you've taken to find the child
How we use your data
The council primarily use your data for processing your request, this may be shared with Stockport Family and other government departments in accordance with our organisational privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.