Report a child missing from care
You can use this form to report that a looked-after-child has gone missing.
You must be a
- foster carer
- residential care home provider, or
- supported accommodation provider
The child must
- be a looked-after-child who is living with a foster carer, within a residential home or supported accommodation
- not have returned home by an agreed time
- not have responded to your attempts to contact them or refused to come home
- have been reported to the police as missing
Before you start
You must call the police on 101 before you complete this form. The police will take action to find the missing child.
On this form you’ll need to tell us
- the police log number
- your details
- details of the missing child
- details of the missing event
- what steps you have taken to find the child
Members of the public
If you are worried about a looked after child and you are not a foster carer or a residential home provider you should contact the child’s carer or contact the police on 101.
If your own child is missing please contact the police on 999 or 101.
You can find advice on what to do if your child goes missing (PDF 486Kb) on the Children’s Society website.