Report a child missing from school
Spring term 2021 update
Schools can use our online form to report when they're unable to make contact with parents, either when making welfare calls home or following up non-engagement with remote learning. You should refer to the ‘what to do if school is unable to establish contact with families during lockdown’ which has been shared with schools before making a referral.
You can use this form to report a child missing from school:
- the child must have had 10 consecutive days of unauthorised absence
- the child has had fewer than 10 consecutive days of unauthorised absence, but you’ve made all reasonable enquiries as to the whereabouts and welfare of the child.
- you must be a member of staff in a Stockport school
- you must only report an unauthorised period of absence once as we’ll keep the report open until the child returns to school
You must fill in a new form if the child returns to school and then has another 10 consecutive days of unauthorised absence. You must report one child per form, please complete a new form for each child.
Before you start
- details of the unauthorised absence
- your details
- details of the child
- the child’s Unique Pupil Number (UPN)
- where the child lives
- who the child lives with – this is usually the child’s parent
- whether the child has any siblings of school age
- the child’s emergency contact details
- the attempts you have made to find the child
- any known safety issues for lone working staff
How we use your data
The council primarily use your data for processing your request. All information is processed in accordance with our organisational privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.