Our online form may be unavailable
We're doing some work in this area so our online form may be unavailable. We'll remove this message as soon as the work is complete. Thanks for your patience.
Apply for Housing Benefit
If you're receiving Universal Credit or are eligible to claim Universal Credit then you need to make a claim for help with your housing costs from the Department for Work and Pensions.
You can only make a new claim for Housing Benefit if:
- you, and your partner if you have one, are pension age
- you live in accommodation where you are provided with support as part of your tenancy
- you are in receipt of the severe disability premium as part of an award of benefit
You can use this form to make a claim for:
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Support
- Second Adult Rebate (for Pension Age claimants and Working Age claimants in an exempt group)
Before you start
You'll need to know:
- what benefits you already receive
- your National Insurance number
- details of your outstanding claims
- details of any previous claims
How we use your data
The council primarily use your data for processing your claim, this may be shared with the local authorities, DWP, and other government departments in accordance with our organisational privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.