Apply for Housing Benefit
You can make a claim for help with your housing costs from the Department for Work and Pensions if you're receiving Universal Credit, or are eligible to claim Universal Credit.
You can only make a new claim for Housing Benefit if:
- you and your partner, if you have one, are pension age
- you live in accommodation where you're provided with support as part of your tenancy
You can use this form to make a claim for:
- Housing Benefit (help with rent)
- Council Tax Support (help with Council tax)
- Second Adult Rebate (alternative help with Council Tax for people over pension age only)
Before you start
- to know what benefits you already receive
- your National Insurance number
- details of any previous claims
If you need help completing this form, contact us online at: www.stockport.gov.uk/bencontactus.Start now
How we use your data
The council primarily use your data for processing your claim, this may be shared with the local authorities, DWP, and other government departments in accordance with our organisational privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.