Apply for an empty property discount

You can use this form if:

  • you're moving from a property for a short term period due a specific purpose e.g. renovation work or flood damage repairs
  • you've an empty and unfurnished property or newly built property
  • you're looking after a property of a deceased person

Before you start

You'll need:

  • your Council Tax reference number. You can find this on your Council Tax bill. It's 10 characters long and starts with '50'
Start now

How we use your data

The council primarily use your data for processing your discount application. This may be shared with the local authorities, DWP, and other government departments in accordance with our organisational privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.