Apply for a Discretionary Payment

You can use this form to apply for a Discretionary Payment for help with rent and/or Council Tax.

Before you start

You’ll need to have:

  • your National Insurance number
  • details of all your household income and expenses
  • details of any savings
  • details of your bank account, if applying for help with your rent
  • your Council Tax account number, if applying for help with your Council Tax

You will need to provide some information about your partner and any other adults that live with you. You will also need to provide some information about any children you (or your partner) have that are:

  • under 16
  • aged 16 or 17 and registered for work or youth training; or
  • aged 16, 17, 18 or 19 and in education doing a course not higher than GCE A-Level, SCE Higher level or GNVQ (advanced).
Start now

How we use your data

The council primarily use your data for processing your application, this may be shared with other government departments in accordance with our organisational privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.