Our online form may be unavailable
We're doing some work in this area so our online form may be unavailable. We'll remove this message as soon as the work is complete. Thanks for your patience.
Apply for a Council Tax reduction
You can use this form if:
you're the only adult over the age of 18 living in the property
you or anyone else over the age of 18 living in the property is:
- a full time student
- 18 and 19 years old and in full time education
- an apprentice or youth training trainee
- permanently in hospital or a residential home
- a carer
- severely mentally impaired
- in detention or prison
you or anyone else living in the property is substantially and permanently disabled and the property has at least one of the following features:
- a room other than a bathroom, kitchen or toilet which the person with a disability uses and needs
- an extra bathroom or kitchen needed for the person with a disability
- the person with a disability needs to use a wheelchair in the property and there is enough floor space to allow for this
Before you start
- your Council Tax reference number. You can find this on your Council Tax bill. It's 10 characters long and starts with '50'
- supporting evidence, this will depend on the reduction you're applying for
Please note: If you already pay your Council Tax by Direct Debit, you'll need to set up a new Direct Debit on this form for your new Council Tax bill. We’ll then cancel your old Direct Debit.Start now
How we use your data
The council primarily use your data for processing your discount application. This may be shared with the local authorities, DWP, and other government departments in accordance with our organisational privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.