Council Tax change of circumstances form
We need to know about changes in your circumstances. This will help us make sure that you're paying the right amount of Council Tax.
You can use this form if:
- someone in your household has died
- someone in your household has moved and now lives permanently in a nursing home
- someone has come to live with you in your home, including family or friends. This may affect a reduction that you’re currently receiving on your Council Tax bill
- you’ve recently changed your name and you’d like us to update your account
- you’ve an annexe that's attached to your property which was occupied by a relative or family member and has now become unoccupied
- you need to tell us about any other change that could affect the amount of Council Tax you have to pay
You can also use this form to request a refund if we’ve issued a bill that shows a credit balance. We'll send a credit bill if we do not have the bank details of the person entitled to the refund or there’s some uncertainty about who should receive the refund.
We'll aim to action your change within 10 working days.
Before you start
You'll need your:
- Council Tax reference number (optional). You can find this on your Council Tax bill. It's 10 characters long and starts with '50'. If you provide this, it enables us to process your change more quickly
- National Insurance number
How we use your data
The council primarily use your data for changing your account, this may be shared with other Local Authorities and government departments in accordance with our organisational privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.