Change of registration
You can use this form to change the registration number for a taxi or private hire vehicle which you own and request new Stockport Council vehicle licence plates.
Before you start
- the current and new registration numbers for your vehicle
- to upload your insurance certificate with details of the new registration number
- to upload one of the following documents:
- the V750 certificate
- the V778 retention document
- the new vehicle log book (V5C)
You'll need to pay a fee of:
- hackney carriage or executive hire: £24 for 1 vehicle licence plate and a new paper licence
- private hire: £35 for 2 vehicle licence plates and a new paper licence
You can pay with any of the following credit or debit cards:
- Visa Delta
How we use your data
We primarily use your data for processing your request in accordance with our organisational privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.