Change of circumstance form

You can use this form to tell us about a change in your circumstances that could affect:

  • Council Tax Support
  • Housing Benefit
  • Second Adult Rebate (for Pension Age claimants only)

We need to know if:

  • any of your children leave full time education or leave home
  • anyone moves in or out of your home
  • your income or the income of anyone living with you changes
  • your capital, savings or investments goes up or down
  • your rent changes
  • you move address
  • you or your partner will be outside of Great Britain for more than 4 weeks
  • you or your partner are admitted to hospital or a nursing home
  • you or your partner become a student
  • anything you have told us about has changed

You do not have to tell us about changes in age. We already have this information.

It's an offence not to tell us about any change of circumstance that affects your benefit. We may take court action against you and if we pay you too much benefit, you’ll probably have to pay it back.

If you need help completing this form, contact us online at

Before you start

You'll need:

  • your benefit claim number
  • your National Insurance number
  • details of your current claim
Start now

How we use your data

The council primarily use your data for processing your claim, this may be shared with the local authorities, DWP, and other government departments in accordance with our organisational privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.