Report a change of address

You can use this form if you're:

  • moving from one address to another in the Stockport area
  • moving out of the Stockport area

You must submit accurate details, as we may contact you about your form or account using the details you provide.

We cannot discuss your account with a third party, so you should only give us your own details.

Before you start

You'll need:

  • your Council Tax account number
  • the details of the property you're leaving
  • the details of the property you're moving to
  • the dates of your move
  • the full name and the date of birth of all residents aged 18 or over at the property you're moving to
Start now

How we use your data

You're telling us about a change of address and we're legally required to share this information with our Elections team to keep our voting register up to date. The information we share with them is the:

  • main applicant’s name and date of birth
  • name of any other residents aged over 18 year within your home
  • address of the old property
  • address of the new property
  • main applicant’s email address if you give consent for us to share this on the form

We primarily use your personal data for the purpose of changing your address. We may also share your personal data with other local authorities and/or government departments in accordance with our Council Tax privacy notice.