Book an appointment to register a death
You can use this form to book an appointment to register a death.
Before you start
You must read the information on the registering a death pages.
You cannot register a death until the we've received the Medical Certificate from a GP or hospital.
If the coroner has been informed, you cannot use this form to register a death. You should contact the Stockport Registration Service on 0161 217 6007 so we can register the death.
If the death did not occur in Stockport, please contact the district where the death occurred.
It would be helpful if you could bring:
- your passport or driving licence
- the deceased’s passport or driving licence
- a utility bill of the deceased
These documents will help to make sure the accuracy of the information recorded. Do not worry if any of these documents are not available as the registrar can still proceed to register the death.
You'll also need to tell the registrar:
- the date and place of death
- the deceased's full name, date, and place of birth
- their occupation
- their last address
- any names previously used. For example, a maiden name
- if the deceased was married or in a civil partnership, the full name and occupation of their spouse or civil partner
How we use your data
Personal data collected as part of this booking process will be used for the purposes of arranging an appointment to register a death. Further details about how personal data is used by the Register Office can be found on our privacy notice page.