Using safari for our online form
If you're using safari you may not be able to use our online form. You'll need to use the most up to date version or use another browser.
Book an appointment to register a birth
Re-registration and multiple births
If you want to:
- re-register a birth
- register a multiple birth
- or if you are unable to get an appointment within 42 days of baby’s birth
please call the contact centre on 0161 217 6007.
You may require a longer appointment and be asked to complete additional forms.
You can use this form to make an appointment to register a birth. You'll be shown a calendar of dates, select the date that's convenient for you. If no appointments are shown as available on the date you've chosen, please choose a different date.
Before you start
- date and place of birth of the child
- child’s forename(s) and surname
- mother’s name and surname, place of birth, current or last occupation, maiden surname and date of marriage, if applicable
- father's name and surname, place of birth, current or last occupation
At the appointment
To help make sure that the information you've given is accurate, you must bring supporting documentation with you to the appointment. For example:
- your baby's red book or your discharge letter
- driving licence
- utility bill
- birth and marriage certificates
If you do not have any of these documents, the Registrar can still proceed to register the birth.Start now
How we use your data
Personal data collected as part of this booking process will be used for the purposes of arranging an appointment and registering the birth. Further details about how personal data is used by the Register Office can be found on our privacy notice page.