Apply to hold an event on the public highway

You can use this form to apply to hold to hold an event on the public highway. For small static private street parties and events please see the street parties page.

Before you start

To complete this form you'll need to provide:

  • contact details for the organiser
  • the event location, date and times
  • number of people expected at the event
  • any relevant documents such as risk assessments, public liability insurance and form of indemnity

Please note that due to the difference in size and planning the council requires larger event forms to be submitted eight weeks before the event.

Start now

How we use your data

The council primarily use your data for processing your application, this may be shared with the Department of Transport and other government departments in accordance with our organisational privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.