Discretionary Awards are under review

The Discretionary Awards scheme is currently under review. We'll update our webpages if there are any changes.

Apply for support in a crisis

You can use this form to apply for:

Examples of other support we could help you with could be:

  • help to apply to a charity or trust fund
  • apply for grant schemes
  • advice on where to find items you might need for your home for example: cooker, fridge, washing machine. There are many options to help you furnish your home at a low cost such as local charity shops, social media marketplaces and freecycle websites

Before you start

You'll need:

  • your personal details
  • details of anyone living with you
  • you'll need to upload evidence of your:
    • latest 2 months statements for all bank and savings accounts you have
    • award letter or a printed copy from your online account showing a full breakdown of your Universal Credit award

If you're applying for help with your rent you'll also need:

  • proof of what you pay in rent, such as your tenancy agreement or a letter from your landlord showing your landlord's name and address, your current rent charge, any services included and the amount of any rent arrears

If you're applying for help with your Council Tax you'll also need:

  • your National Insurance number
  • details of all your household income and expenses
  • details of any savings
  • your Council Tax reference number; you can find this on your Council Tax bill, it's 10 characters long and starts with '50'

In the form, you'll need to upload evidence of your:

  • latest 2 months statements for all bank and savings accounts you have
  • proof of your income

When you're in the online form you'll need to select Help with daily essential expenses.

Uploading evidence

You'll need to upload documents in the form to support your claim, if you cannot upload them when you fill in the form, you can email them to supportfund@stockport.gov.uk.

If you do not provide the required documents within 2 weeks of submitting your form, we will not be able to work out if you're entitled to the payments and your application will be refused.

Start now

How we use your data

The council primarily use your data for processing your claim, this may be shared with the local authorities, DWP, and other government departments in accordance with our organisational privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.