Find out how much you may have to pay towards your care
You can use our online calculator to give you an idea of how much you may have to pay towards the cost of your care.
The calculator will only give you an idea of the figure
We cannot give an accurate figure until you've had a care needs and financial assessment. Some expenses that you declare on the calculator may already be included in your assessment or may not apply based on the care you're receiving. We'll write to you to confirm your contribution.
If you have any queries that are not answered on our paying for care pages, contact the Social Care Charging team.
Before you start
- your National Insurance number. You can find this:
- on letters about your tax, pension or benefits
- on your payslip or P60
- in the National Insurance section of your personal tax account
- details of the benefits you receive
- details of the pension income you receive
- details of the income you receive that is not a benefit or a pension
- details of your savings and other money you may have
- details of other essential expenditure. For example; utility bills, insurance, council tax
- information about your partner, if applicable
How we use your data
We primarily use your data for processing your assessment. This may then be shared with other government departments in accordance with our organisational privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.