Apply for an Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment
You can use this form if you're a:
- young person, aged 16 or over
Before you apply
The majority of children and young people with special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities will have success at SEN support. Find out about SEN support.
Your child's school or education setting must provide evidence for the EHC needs assessment process and they are likely to have the most up to date information. You should speak to your child's school or education setting before applying.
A school or education setting should never ask you to make a request on their behalf. However, if you want to request an assessment in your own right then you should read the information about Education, Health and Care needs assessments and plans.
Before you start
In this form you'll be asked to provide:
- your child's unique pupil number (UPN). We need this to process requests in a timely manner. We'll have to request it from your child's school or education setting following your application if you do not know their UPN
- information about your child’s social and care, health and education needs. You may need to get some of this information from your child’s school or education setting before starting your request
- details about any other agencies or professionals involved with your child
- any documents which you feel are relevant to this request. You'll need to have these documents ready to upload
When you log in, you will need to set up an account. Follow the online instructions, this will allow you to save the form and come back to it if you need to. Please note this form will time out after 20 minutes.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have difficulty with this form or you would like some guidance notes.Start now
How we use your data
We primarily use your data for processing your request. All information is processed in accordance with our Education Health and Care Plan privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.