Apply for a new private hire vehicle licence
You can use this form to apply for a new private hire vehicle licence in Stockport.
Before you start
You'll need the:
- vehicle V5 log book
- utility bill or bank statement issued within the last 3 months showing your current name and address
- evidence of insurance category
- evidence of individual vehicle approval from the DVLA if the vehicle has been modified. Or evidence that this is not needed
If you don't have the vehicle V5 log book, you'll also need:
- a receipt on headed paper, or a hand written receipt clearly showing the stamp of the garage the vehicle was bought from
- a bill of sale, if bought privately, from the old owner of the vehicle showing the name, address, phone number and signature of both the old and new owners
- new keepers supplement from the V5 green slip
These documents must be uploaded with your application. If you do not submit all the required documents, there may be a delay in your application.
If you're not able to upload the documents, visit any Stockport library or local advice centre. You can also visit Fred Perry reception in the Town Hall complex where you'll find help and computers available for use.
You can pay for your licence with any of the following credit/debit cards:
- Visa Delta
How we use your data
The council primarily use your data for processing your application. This may be shared with local authorities, the DWP, and other government departments in accordance with our organisational privacy notice. We never sell your data to third parties or use it to market to you without your consent.