Change to our usual service

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we have a reduced service as many members of our team are following government advice and staying at home due to being at risk or because they are showing symptoms of the virus. We'll be assessing complaints of noise, smoke, odour, waste or other statutory nuisance but we'll only be able to tackle emergency issues which present a serious public health risk. This may mean that at the moment you may not get an immediate response from our team.


2. Smoke control areas

Smoke Control Areas (SCAs) forbid certain types of fuels to be burned in specific areas.

Householders living in an SCA could be fined up to £1000 for each offence of burning unauthorised fuel.

You can find out if you live in an SCA by using the map below:

For more information on SCAs, visit the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Areas website.