Introduction to our Local Offer
These web pages will help you to find the information you need, at the time that you need it, about Stockport's Local Offer for our care leavers.
Our care leavers have been involved in developing these pages. If you'd also like to get involved, or any of our other new developments, we'd love to hear from you.
Please contact a member of the Leaving Care Team by email email@example.com or on 0161 475 6700.
You can also contact our Care Leaver Engagement Worker Janine on 07711 017391, or search Facebook for Janine Insight. You can also search for the Stockport Leaving Care Team on Facebook.
About our offer
Our Care Leavers Offer sets out the support you can receive from the Leaving Care Team (PDF 146Kb) as you get older.
Our support starts from the age of 16 years, when your Social Worker will introduce your Leaving Care Worker to you. Also called your Personal Adviser or PA.
Your PA will support you with everything you need to know and prepare for as you approach 18 years old. Then from 18 years, your PA will be your key worker. They'll support you and make sure your wishes, feelings and plans for the future are set out in your own Pathway Plan.
We work closely with all the services that support young people. We call this The Team Around the Care Leaver (PDF 997Kb)
This support continues until you are 21 years old, and can continue up to 25 years if you want this.
- Care Leaver Entitlement Information 2019-20 (PDF 1.2Mb)
- Children in Care Council - February 2019 (PDF 280Kb)
- Stockport care leavers express - March 2019 (PDF 5Mb)
- Stockport care leavers express - September 2019 (PDF 6.7Mb)
Care Leaver Champions
Our Care Leaver Champions are also senior leaders in the council:
- Cllr Colin Foster: Lead Member for Children, Family Services and Education
- Pam Smith: Chief Executive Officer
- Michael Cullen: Borough Treasurer
- Chris McLoughlin: Director of Children’s Services
- Deborah Woodcock: Director of Operations Stockport Family and Principal Social Worker
- Mark Fitton: Director of Adult Social Care
- Julia Newton: Principal Social Worker, Adult Social Care
- Caroline Simpson: Corporate Director of Place
- Richard Mortimer: Head of Economy, Work and Skills