Introduction to our Local Offer
Find the information you need about our local offer, at the time that you need it.
Our care leavers have been involved in developing these pages. If you'd like to be involved with this, or any of our other projects, we'd love to hear from you.
Email our Leaving Care Team email@example.com or call 0161 475 6700. You can also search for the team on Facebook.
You can also call Natalie, our Care Leaver Engagement Worker on 07423 638897, or search Facebook for Natalie Insight.
About our offer
Our care leavers offer sets out the support you can receive from the Leaving Care Team (PDF 146Kb) as you get older.
Our support starts from the age of 16 years, when your Social Worker will introduce your Leaving Care Worker to you, also called your Personal Adviser or PA.
Your PA will support you with everything you need to know and prepare for as you approach 18 years old. Then from the age of 18, your PA will be your key worker. They'll support you and make sure your wishes, feelings and plans for the future are set out in your own Pathway Plan.
We work closely with all the services that support young people. We call this The Team around the Care Leaver (PDF 997Kb)
This support continues until you are 21 years old, and can continue up to 25 years if you want this.
Visit our local offer and entitlements page to find out more. You can also download the Care Leaver Entitlement Information leaflet 2020-210 (PDF 504Kb)
The Leaving Care Team work closely with Pure Insight, a local charity providing additional services and support for our care leavers up to the age of 28.
Think about these questions:
- Do you have someone in your life that's just for you?
- Do you want to get involved in some fun activities like mountain climbing, kayaking and bike riding?
- Do you need support with your mental health or access to counselling?
- Do you want to get involved in the care leavers forum to help improve services for care leavers?
Visit the Pure Insight website to find out what they do and to read their latest newsletters to see how you can be a part of it all.
Care Leaver Champions
Our Care Leaver Champions are also senior leaders in the council:
- Cllr Colin Foster: Lead Member for Children, Family Services and Education
- Pam Smith: Chief Executive Officer
- Michael Cullen: Borough Treasurer
- Chris McLoughlin: Director of Children’s Services
- Deborah Woodcock: Director of Operations Stockport Family and Principal Social Worker
- Mark Fitton: Director of Adult Social Care
- Julia Newton: Principal Social Worker, Adult Social Care
- Caroline Simpson: Corporate Director of Place
- Richard Mortimer: Head of Economy, Work and Skills