Section 106 planning obligations
Find planning applications
If you want information on a specific application visit our find planning applications page.
This guidance note and associated topic papers, are provided for applicants and their agents, who intend to carry out development for which the council may require a planning obligation agreement as part of the planning process.
The guidance explains:
- what a planning obligation is
- the type of development that may need one
- how the obligation can be prepared without unnecessary delay
As planning obligations may sometimes involve developers making a financial contribution to the local authority, it is essential that such arrangements are operated in a way that is seen to be fair, open and reasonable.
Guidance for the use of planning obligations is outlined in Central Government Circular 05/2005.
- Section 106 good practice guide (PDF 56Kb)
- Affordable housing (PDF 42Kb)
- Contributions to highway schemes (PDF 28Kb)
- Recreational open space provision and commuted payments (PDF 38Kb)
- Draft S106 for affordable housing contribution (PDF 98Kb)
- Draft S106 for commuted sum recreational open space (PDF 44Kb)
- Draft S106 for highways sustainable transport contribution (PDF 52Kb)
- Draft S106 for outline planning including highways affordable housing and open space (PDF 108Kb)