Safeguarding adults referrers training
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- understand your roles and responsibilities when an allegation of abuse is reported, according to local policy and procedures
- identify and minimise potential risks following a disclosure or allegation of abuse and know how to support staff and service users
- know how to support staff or people who use services who are alleged to have committed abuse
- recall relevant legislation and guidelines and understand how this needs to inform practice and procedure when responding to disclosures of abuse
- recall signs of abuse and factors which make abuse more likely to occur
- know how and what to record appropriate to any allegation and investigation in accordance with Stockport Multi Agency Safeguarding Adults Policy and relevant internal guidance
- understand how the policy and disciplinary procedures work alongside each other
- understand your role in the process of the investigation
- understand your role in the prevention of abuse
The aim of the course is to equip staff responsible for making referrals with a knowledge and understanding of their role as a referrer within the Stockport Multi-Agency Safeguarding Adults Policy.
This course is open to all staff who work in an Adult Social Care setting. This may be from the private, voluntary and independent sectors as well as staff from other sectors who regularly work with adults who are vulnerable to abuse, who are responsible for making referrals. Before attending this session you should have attended our Safeguarding Adults from Abuse (alerter) training course.
No charge is made for attendance on this training. A £45 non-attendance charge will apply for delegates who do not attend the course having reserved a space. The delegates employer will be invoiced for this charge.
The non-attendance charge will be waived if:
- a substitute delegate is sent on the course
- the delegate cancels their space on the course at least 5 working days before the course date
The course lasts for 1 day, and is held in Conference rooms 1 and 2, Learning and Development Centre, 1st Floor, Stopford House.
Full details of the venue will be sent to delegates who reserve a place. Please note that car parking in the surrounding area is limited and on a pay-and-display basis.
You can view upcoming course dates and book a place on the course via the Learning Pool.
If you have not done so before, you will need to register for Learning Pool. Watch the video below for help with registering.