Safeguarding adults - inquiry officer training
By the end of this session learners will:
- identify relevant legislation, guidance and policies and procedures, and explain how these relate to Safeguarding Adults investigations
- describe the investigation process – including joint / multi-agency protocols and working (e.g. joint working with the Police)
- understand the need to ensure the safety of the alleged victim (and possibly the alleged abuser), and to preserve evidence
- describe the process for effective risk assessment and management
- have a clear understanding of issues relating to mental capacity and effective communication in establishing the views / wishes of the alleged victim
- explain how the investigation should be planned (including the importance of the Strategy Meeting)
- describe how the investigation should be conducted (including the different methods that can be used to gather information) and identify the skills and knowledge required to conduct effective interviews
- identify the key points to include in the Investigating Officer’s report
- explain the purpose of the Case Conference and the importance of the Protection Plan
The course will be a combination of interactive activities/discussions and power point presentations.
This training is open to all practitioners who carry out the role of the Inquiry Officer.
No charge is made for attendance on this training. A £50 non-attendance charge will apply for delegates who do not attend the course having reserved a space. The delegates employer will be invoiced for this charge.
The non-attendance charge will be waived if: - A substitute delegate is sent on the course:
- the delegate cancels their space on the course at least 5 working days before the course date
- if you are interested in this course or have any further queries please complete the course enquiry form for further information
The course lasts for 2 days, and is held in the Learning and Development Centre, 1st Floor, Stopford House. Full details of the venue will be sent to delegates who reserve a place. Please note that car parking in the surrounding area is limited and on a pay-and-display basis.
You can view upcoming dates and book a place on the course via the Learning Pool.
If you have not done so, you will need to register for Learning Pool.