Roadworks, closures and diversions
7. Redrock – ongoing highway works
The works to improve the street-scene and environment on Prince’s Street, Bridgefield Street and the new public square at Brown Street are nearing completion.
The improvements have been undertaken to create a no-step environment and make it easier for pedestrians to move between the Merseyway Shopping precinct, Prince’s Street and the new cinema development on Bridgefield Street (Redrock).
New waiting and loading restrictions are now in place on Prince’s Street:
- Prince’s Street is now an enforceable Pedestrian Zone Monday to Sunday. Loading, unloading and servicing activities are NOT permitted between 10:30am and midnight
- loading, unloading and servicing activities are only permitted on Prince’s Street between the hours of midnight and 10:30am, Monday to Sunday
- parking or waiting is NOT permitted at any time on Prince’s Street
- Prince’s Street is a one-way street (westbound)
Bridgefield Street remains closed to vehicles to allow the new paving to cure and allow the remaining public realm works to be completed.