Roadworks, closures and diversions
4. Knightsbridge and Great Portwood Street
As part of our Town Centre Access Plan project we're:
- improving pedestrian crossings
- providing new toucan (pedestrian and cycle) crossings
- providing new widened pedestrian and cycle paths
- improving vehicle capacity along Knightsbridge on the approach to the Great Portwood Street junction
The works will also enhance the public realm by providing planting and improved signage.
View the scheme 402 drawing (PDF 643Kb) for more detailed information.
The works are underway and require traffic management to make sure the safety of operatives and road users.
Visit our Town Centre Access Plan (TCAP) page for information about current traffic management at the junction and across the town centre.
Knightsbridge Car Park is closed for the duration of the works. The area is being used for the contractor’s compound ahead of car park improvement works being carried out. Alternative parking for the duration of the works is available at the Newbridge Lane, Churchgate and the Peel Centre car parks. Additional dedicated disabled parking is available at Bridgefield Street from early February.
The works are expected to be completed in autumn 2018.
Find out more
If you have any questions about the works you can contact the project team by emailing email@example.com. You can also call on 0161 474 2299.